Model, Published Author, Motivational Speaker, Magazine Editor
Letters to Valerie
Valerie Ramsey, Speaker
Creating What’s Next – Gracefully
Valerie is a popular speaker on the national and international circuit, a role she never would have imagined herself in years ago. However, as her life progressed from wife and mother in her twenties and thirties, to the corporate world in her fifties, to modeling in her sixties, (while still maintaining her position as public relations/media manager for Pebble Beach Resorts), and finally to authoring two books in her sixties and early seventies, she found herself to be increasing demand as a speaker.
Every time Valerie was interviewed for a television show or for a magazine or newspaper, she was invariably asked, “How did you get to this point in your life?” and the answer was that ever since she had been a little girl, she had looked forward to discovering “What’s Next.” It had become the blue print for the way her life evolved. Furthermore, she quickly discovered that people everywhere were asking themselves the same questions, and she found them looking to her for answers! Here was someone who had walked in their footsteps, had reached a transitional point in her life, and had figured out how to have a new chapter, a new beginning. How did she do it?
In her warm and natural way of speaking, in which she immediately makes the audience feel so comfortable just being in her presence that it’s more like a coffee klatch than a speech, Valerie answers such questions as:
• How do I figure out What’s Next?
• What do I do if a great opportunity drops in my lap but I haven’t got the confidence to go after it? Or the knowledge? Or the experience?
• What do I do if just as I am launching my great new What’s Next, a serious challenge threatens to end my dream before it’s even begun?
• How do I find the confidence I need to get through an event that has me nervous and full of butterflies?
• What are the most important things I can do to move forward?
• How did you manage to balance part-time or freelance work with a fulltime job?
• What are the first steps I should take if I’m interested in modeling?
• How can I get over my fear of public speaking – and actually learn to enjoy it?
She explains how she faced these exact same issues herself and gives the answers that worked for her, illustrating them with humorous, behind-the-scenes stories from her own experiences in the PR and modeling worlds. Afterwards, she opens the floor to Q&A where she is quick to emphasize that after raising six children and having all of the experiences she’s had since then, there is very little can embarrass or intimidate her. For those who would rather speak to her privately rather than in a public forum, she stays behind to meet them in person after the event is over and the crowds have dispersed. Meeting people personally, both before and after she speaks, is a big part of what Valerie is all about. She loves the engagement with her audiences.
Valerie is the author of:
Creating What’s Next – Gracefully (2013)
Gracefully – Looking and Being Your Best at Any Age (2008)
Valerie is represented by:
Premiere Speakers Bureau, Franklin, TN
Contact: Brandon Edmonson
"You are so inspirational. A lot of people are beautiful, but they do not all have the gift of such a warm personality, vision for how to use their gifts and business acumen that you have. You make me want to do great things!"
"Valerie..you are the light that shines on the path of inspiration!!! AMAZING!!! I am so proud to know you!"
"Valerie you project so beautifully, relaxed, approachable and happy!"
"I just wanted to tell you I saw you on television today and you are absolutely a gorgeous woman. Most women could only hope to age as beautifully as you have. You are an inspiration to all women. I am running out to buy your book tomorrow."
"Congrats on your amazing Today show appearance!"
"You were so calm, so funny and so inspiring. You're amazing on TV."
"It totally made my day/week/year to see you! You are such a positive, glowing force, and YES an inspirational role model for the rest of us at all ages."
"It was nice to have crossed paths with someone as positive as yourself. Your husband, children, family and friends all must be very proud of you."
"You were amazing this morning on the Today Show! Judith, Joe and I all marveled at how good you were, especially when you were handling the questions from Kathie Lee—they weren’t easy!"
"There are not enough words to express the essence of you!"
Thank you Valerie, for being you. You are so polished and have it so together I admire and strive to become like you as I continue in my personal growth."
"You are a delight and a GIFT to every woman on the planet."
Susan Liddy, Aspire Life Coaching
"You looked great and sounded even better. Congrats."
Senior Editor McGraw-Hill Professional
2 Penn Plaza, 23rd Floor New York, NY 10121
"Beauty is such a big wide glorious thing you know... It is not just an beautiful 18 year old with perfect bones. It is so much more"
"Project a positive body image. To have internal energy and let it just exude and bubble out."
"We can do anything we want, you take it from inside and you do what you want to do and you go with it and when you have those day when you wake up feeling sort of tired, forget it, put it on the back burner and charge ahead anyway”
"You talk positively to yourself and you tell yourself that you are doing great and you can do this and you take good care of yourself”
"I think younger women are looking at women like us and seeing that we are real, that we are continuing to be involved, that we have something very dynamic to offer to the world and that the real beauty comes from, I would say above all, from confidence and from having courage to be yourselves, from the wisdom we have acquire within ourselves over the years, from vibrancy, excitement about being involved in life. And it is when all those things are in the inside, shine through on the outside. That is what real beauty is all about
"The point is to just keep growing and expanding from within for whatever
is right for you”
"I think that anybody who has a dream or a goal or something fun and new that they would like to try or a new career they might like to launch into, definitely, just put your sites on that goal. I think it is more exciting in your 50’s and 60’s to see a dream come true to achieve an new goal because you don’t really expect to and you been around the block long enough to appreciate these opportunities than you would have in your 20’s. If somebody had said to me come and sign a modeling contract with us when I was 20, it would have meant nearly to me what it does now. Life is an adventure for sure!”
• Central California Women's Conference 2018
• Palm Beach Yacht Club
• PEN Women Palm Beach
• Palm Beach Round Table
• Juno Beach Civic Association
• Panhellenic Alumnae – Abacoa
• Palm Beach Yacht Club Author's Dinner
• Hibel Museum of Art
• Clicking in, The Colony
• Stephanie Kantis Jewelry
• Executive Women of the Palm Beaches.
• Keynote speaker American Heart Assoc. Go Red for Women, Palm Beach
Gardens, Pebble Beach, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Fresno, Los Angeles
• Palm Beach Yacht Club
• Medtronic Corp.
• Women & Fashion, Palm Beach, FL,
• Bethesda-by-the-Sea, Palm Beach, FL
• Lost Tree Golf Club, Hobe Sound, FL
• Hobe Sound, FL Women’s Club & Library System
• Keynote speaker American Cancer Society, Fairfield County, CT
• American Cancer Society “Celebration of Life” Monterey, CA
• Sabadell Bank & Trust (Palm Beach, N Palm Beach, Naples & Sarasota)
• PGA National Resort & Spa, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
• AHA/Morgan Stanley , NYC
• “What Women Want” women’s expo, Kingsport, TN - 12,000 women
• Presenter: Zoomer Media’s first annual CARP conference – A New Vision on
Aging – Toronto, Ontario
• National Medical Association: Sudden Cardiac Arrest Leadership Conference,
• UC irvine, Irvine, CA
• American Association of University Women – Clinton, CT
• Town & Country Club, San Francisco
• Silicon Valley Capitol Club
• Metropolitan Club, San Francisco, CA
• The Buckingham, Houston, TX
• Querencia, Austin, TX
• The Deerfield, Des Moines, IA
• Peconic Landing, Long Island, NY
• The Longwood, Verona, PA
• Masterpiece Living Lyceum
• Orchard Brands, Chicago, IL